Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
• 15+ years of experience in the software, game, IT and consumer electronics industries.
• Practical experience in marketing and sales of tech products to both general and targeted audiences.
• Well-rounded experience in how to create a successful product line: sales strategy, pricing, marketing and channel management.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter, always eager to find and capitalize on new market opportunities.
• Enthusiastic evangelist, great at communicating with people and helping them understand the technology.
• Strong command of French and English language (written and verbal)
Looking forward to new opportunities based on my experience and skills acquired in fields such as product management, product marketing, e-commerce, online advertising, digital media, social media, e-CRM and email marketing.
Rubrique a mac
Since August 2018
- Currently acquiring a website and its content generating engine that provides custom-written legal terms for website owners / publishers [www.mentions-legales.fr]
- New design, content and services soon to be implemented
to July 2018
- Managed distribution business with manufacturers and independent software vendors (ISV) in the following fields: desktop publishing & graphic, utilities & productivity, Mac games, accessories & peripherals, representing €2.5 Million of annual sales combined, 1/3 of annual turnover (€7.3 Million)
- In coordination with international vendors, responsible for the product launch and business plan in France, including marketing and communication strategies.
- Translation and correction of marketing materials.
- Maintained product description on Apacabar (channel sales) and Softline (direct sales) websites.
- Coordinated the catalog production for Apacabar and Softline, up to 5/year.
- Sales and marketing coordinator for the supply of French software to the European Apple Online Store.
- Implemented media plans: from the purchase of ad space to the validation of the creative design.
- Managed participations at exhibitions like Apple Expo Paris, MedPi (Retail Professionals), Comdex and at regional Apple Premium Resellers seminars.
- Attended international trade shows and conferences (Macworld, MacExpo, PhotoKina, Intergraphic) to identify markets trends and new products with distribution opportunities and to follow-up on business relationships with foreign partners.
Apacabar is a French distributor of professional and consumer software founded in 1989. Originally, Apacabar imported and represented many well-known editors on the French market. Apacabar launched Macromedia in its territory, remaining the exclusive distributor until mid-2001. Following to the acquisition of Apacabar by the Softline Group (Germany) in 2000, Apacabar also operated a direct sales business under the name of «Dernière Version», initially focusing on the sale of software upgrades. Renamed «Softline.fr» (catalog and website) from 2001 to 2006. Softline Group sold Apacabar to one of its corporate managers in 2006.
Some of the brands distributed by Apacabar, by category:
Desktop publishing & graphic: Extensis - Markzware - Corel - iProof Systems - Pantone - Hot Door...
Multimedia & Web: Macromedia - Roxio - Nero - Ulead - RealViz - Eovia...
Utilities & Productivity: Intego - Kaspersky - Iris - Smith Micro...
Mac games: Aspyr - Feral Interactive - MacSoft - Runesoft...
Peripherals: Sonnet Technologies - Elgato - Miglia - Battery Technology...
to May 2014
- Co-wrote the Business Model Canvas: key partners, key activities and resources, value propositions, customer relationships, channels, customer segments.
- Creation of concept map with the functional interactions of the website.
- Defined a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Wrote the website specifications.
Commintz will showcase the commercial interior design projects of architects and designers while connecting them with clients in need of their services. The site will include a comprehensive database of all manufacturers and products required for commercial design projects. Ceased operations in October 2016.
to September 2013
- - Built 2 online stores to test and explore CMS-based e-commerce solutions such as Magento and PrestaShop for future B2C/B2B implementations.
- Researched, tested or simulated most of the core parts of an online store such as Data Flow (in/out), Payment Systems, CRM, ERP, E-Procurement, Logistics... as well as the marketing side with SEO, advertising, affiliation, social media (connection and referrals), and Multichannel E-Commerce with online marketplaces, including Social Commerce.
- Feral Interactive (Mac games) - www.feralinteractive.com
- Translated into French: product sheets, user guides, retail boxes, newsletters and press releases.
- Provided recommendations about adding ESD as a new distribution channel.
- WiebeTech, Inc. - www.wiebetech.com
- Market study for the distribution of RAID storage solutions and data transfer devices used in forensic, digital audio / video / photo and IT / maintenance markets (French speaking countries of Europe).
- Presented products at professional seminars about cyber-crime and digital investigations.
- Translation and correction of product data sheets and user manuals.
- Application Systems Paris - www.application-systems.fr
- Coordinated the launch of the sister company of Application Systems Heidelberg (Germany).
- Set-up the distribution channels (retail, online, resellers) for Mac software and games, covering France, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada.
- Translated and published product descriptions for website and printed catalog.
With its dedicated platform, OpéraRéseau hosts a network of 500+ senior independent experts, consultants, trainers and interim managers who are offering strategic and operational skills for high-level and complex projects.
Le Journal du Smartphone
to June 2011
- Wrote blog posts
A tech blog about... smartphones: devices, market, apps, technologies, accessories, events… Now defunct
to November 2006
- Translated or edited 2500+ strings, and proof-read a few thousands more, of the French version of Linspire 5, a Debian-based desktop Linux distribution
- Using the Web-based translating application project IRMA (International Resource Management Application), a community-based desktop Linux localization initiative, translated or edited 2500+ strings.
Linspire, Inc was a Linux and open source software company based in San Diego CA that primarily targeted home computer users with its flagship Linux distribution, Linspire, originally known as Lindows. It was a commercial operating system with an easy-to-use graphical user interface, based on Debian GNU/Linux and later Ubuntu.
One of the key features in Linspire was CNR (aka Click N' Run), a one-click software delivery service that made finding and installing Linux software easier. CNR offered a large database of Linux programs and was available for other versions of Linux.
Linspire was acquired by Xandros in July 2008
Extensis (at Apacabar)
to December 2004
- Responsible for executing and adapting Extensis’ sales, marketing and communication strategies for the French market, reporting to the European Business Director in the UK, Marketing Manager and PR Manager in the US.
- Translation or correction of marketing materials (product sheet, brochures, Web pages, user’s guide, retail box…)
- Actively developed sales within the French distributor Apacabar and its professional resellers channel.
- Promoted server-based software solutions for font [Suitcase] and digital asset management [Portfolio], and a web-based (SaaS/PaaS) file checking service [Preflight Online].
- Sales leads generation, pre/post-sales, technical support (1st level to advanced), project management (including on-site installation and training).
- Presented Extensis’ products and technologies at trade-shows, professional conferences and seminars (Apple Expo, Intergraphic, Apple Tour…).
- Involved in software Beta testing program.
- Increased annual sales from €440K in 2000 to €700K in 2004, with an average annual growth of 12%.
- Awarded "Marketing Partner of the Year 2001" by Extensis.
Extensis is a leading developer of font management and digital asset management software (Suitase and Portfolio, respectively).
Extensis had previously developed QuarkXPress XTensions and Photoshop plug-ins, now owned by onOne Software - www.ononesoftware.com
to May 2000
- Actively sold computer products and services to Middle Market and Key Account companies.
- Developed business through cold calls and follow-up visits.
- Project and proposal development with technical analysis, on-site installation, network cabling and maintenance contracts.
Apple Reseller. Merger / acquisition of Computer Bench in 2000, later acquired by CLG Informatique (Motek Group), then renamed iCLG. Merger with eBizcuss in 2006. Ceased operations in 2012.
MacWarehouse / Inmac (MicroWarehouse)
to August 1999
- Prospected new customers, lead qualification, technical recommendation, price proposal.
- Increased sales with active accounts within the Desktop Publishing, Printing, Advertising and Multimedia industry (Middle Market, Key Account)
- Provided advanced technical support for Mac users
- Attended Apple practical training session on Mac OS X Server, Digital Media and Video Editing.
- Served as a sales partner for the Macromedia Seminars.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of the IT industry and computer products: Hardware, Software, Network, for Mac & Wintel PCs.
By 2000, MicroWarehouse was the leading direct marketer and catalog retailer of computer products with worldwide sales of $2.6 billion. MicroWarehouse became the 5th largest catalog company in the world and a major reseller for Apple, Microsoft, HP, Compaq, Cisco and many other hardware manufacturers and software publishers. In France, Inmac was acquired by WStore in Dec 2005.
Sogerma-Socea (EADS Sogerma)
to July 1997
- Responsible for price negotiation, sales, exchange and loan of aircraft spare parts in relation with the airlines.
- Planned and followed-up of the logistic organization, in coordination with the Customer Support, Freight Dept., suppliers and customers.
- Aircraft On Ground 24h service: Successfully solved emergency supply situations.
EADS subsidiary Sogerma offers global fleet support for commercial and military aircraft (airframe, components, landing gears, APU, engines MRO, maintenance, repair, overhaul), aircraft modifications, Commercial VIP Corporate jet cabin interior (passenger seats, crew seat, rests, galleys)
2nd Regiment of Dragoons, French Cavalry Division
to November 1995
- Responsible for military instruction of up to 30 recruits.
- Achieved rank of Sergeant within 6 months of service.
- Assigned alternately as Chief of the Rapid Response Unit, the Guardhouse and the Ammunition Depot.
The 2nd Regiment of Dragoons is the oldest regiment of the French cavalry (from the 16th century).
It was an armored tank regiment, part of the 2nd Armored Division (a famous Division that fought during the final phases of World War II). In 2005, it merged and reorganized to form a CBRN regiment (Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear).
Greater Philadelphia International Network
to October 1992
- Promoted the economic development of the Greater Philadelphia Region in Europe.
- Assisted in coordinating a business conference in Paris, which brought investment opportunities to the Philadelphia area.
- Translated into French some of the organization's advertising material.
GPIN was a non-profit, non-governmental, regional economic development organization dedicated to attracting foreign investment into the eleven-county region, across three states, in and around the City of Philadelphia. GPIN was funded by private sector companies which comprise its membership. GPIN's major activities are:
- providing extensive date on the region to foreign companies that show interest in investing in the Eastern United States;
- establishing contacts and arranging meetings between interested international companies and local business representatives to evaluate investing in the region;
- working closely with foreign companies after they have invested in the area to assist them as they adjust to the Greater Philadelphia region;
- providing extensive export services, including market research and market entry strategies to companies based in Greater Philadelphia.
In 2003, GPIN / Greater Philadelphia First merged with the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.
to June 1993
- Actively developed sales growth of orthodontic products through telemarketing to French-speaking customers.
- Participated in trade shows in France, Germany and Canada.
- Translated into French catalog, brochures and mail.
MASEL, an Ortho Organizers brand, concentrates on producing and delivering precise instruments and supplies needed for orthodontic practice. MASEL supports the dental community and the highly skilled specialty of orthodontics by providing the highest quality products and staying focused on the service needs of their customers worldwide. Acquired in 1999, MASEL left the Philadelphia area in 2009 and relocated to Ortho Organizers' headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
Embassy of the United States, U.S. Commercial Service
to April 1992
- "Matchmaker": researched information for American companies about business opportunities in France during the PC FORUM IT/Computer trade show
- Provided interpreter service for American and French companies
- Developed an Industry Sector Analysis of the software industry in France
U.S. Commercial Service France is the eyes and ears in the local marketplace. It promotes the export of U.S. goods and services and protect U.S. business interests in this country. With Commercial Specialists, U.S. Commercial Service France provides export counseling, market research, trade contacts, and access to trade promotion opportunities and trade advocacy. U.S. Commercial Service France delivers customized business solutions to ensure that U.S. businesses compete and win in the local marketplace.
MATHEZ International Freight Forwarders
- Head office, Nice: analyzed the potential of road-freight traffic opportunities between the French Riviera and Great Britain. Created computerized prospecting files for mailings.
- Air Freight Dept, Paris CDG airport: participated in the customs and dispatch operations
- Summer internships 1991 and 1992
MATHEZ Group is a family run company, founded in 1950, specialized in logistics coordination and international transportation (air, sea and road freight).
Originating from the French Riviera, MATHEZ Group has developed some specific products and services adapted to its local and coastal environment such as: Intra EU Tax Declaration, Exhibitions & Conventions, Fiscal Representation, Customs Clearance, Customs Storage, Import / Export of yachts...
The company has 13 offices / agencies of its owns in Nice (5), Paris CDG, Marseille (2), Monaco, Cannes, Lille, Lyon and Dakar (Senegal). Part of the World Cargo Alliance, MATHEZ Group shares the business philosophy in more than 700 offices worldwide.