Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
• 15+ years of experience in the software, game, IT and consumer electronics industries.
• Practical experience in marketing and sales of tech products to both general and targeted audiences.
• Well-rounded experience in how to create a successful product line: sales strategy, pricing, marketing and channel management.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter, always eager to find and capitalize on new market opportunities.
• Enthusiastic evangelist, great at communicating with people and helping them understand the technology.
• Strong command of French and English language (written and verbal)
Looking forward to new opportunities based on my experience and skills acquired in fields such as product management, product marketing, e-commerce, online advertising, digital media, social media, e-CRM and email marketing.
Rubrique a mac
Since August 2018
- Currently acquiring a website and its content generating engine that provides custom-written legal terms for website owners / publishers [www.mentions-legales.fr]
- New design, content and services soon to be implemented
to July 2018
- Managed distribution business with manufacturers and independent software vendors (ISV) in the following fields: desktop publishing & graphic, utilities & productivity, Mac games, accessories & peripherals, representing €2.5 Million of annual sales combined, 1/3 of annual turnover (€7.3 Million)
- In coordination with international vendors, responsible for the product launch and business plan in France, including marketing and communication strategies.
- Translation and correction of marketing materials.
- Maintained product description on Apacabar (channel sales) and Softline (direct sales) websites.
- Coordinated the catalog production for Apacabar and Softline, up to 5/year.
- Sales and marketing coordinator for the supply of French software to the European Apple Online Store.
- Implemented media plans: from the purchase of ad space to the validation of the creative design.
- Managed participations at exhibitions like Apple Expo Paris, MedPi (Retail Professionals), Comdex and at regional Apple Premium Resellers seminars.
- Attended international trade shows and conferences (Macworld, MacExpo, PhotoKina, Intergraphic) to identify markets trends and new products with distribution opportunities and to follow-up on business relationships with foreign partners.
to May 2014
- Co-wrote the Business Model Canvas: key partners, key activities and resources, value propositions, customer relationships, channels, customer segments.
- Creation of concept map with the functional interactions of the website.
- Defined a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Wrote the website specifications.
to September 2013
- - Built 2 online stores to test and explore CMS-based e-commerce solutions such as Magento and PrestaShop for future B2C/B2B implementations.
- Researched, tested or simulated most of the core parts of an online store such as Data Flow (in/out), Payment Systems, CRM, ERP, E-Procurement, Logistics... as well as the marketing side with SEO, advertising, affiliation, social media (connection and referrals), and Multichannel E-Commerce with online marketplaces, including Social Commerce.
- Feral Interactive (Mac games) - www.feralinteractive.com
- Translated into French: product sheets, user guides, retail boxes, newsletters and press releases.
- Provided recommendations about adding ESD as a new distribution channel.
- WiebeTech, Inc. - www.wiebetech.com
- Market study for the distribution of RAID storage solutions and data transfer devices used in forensic, digital audio / video / photo and IT / maintenance markets (French speaking countries of Europe).
- Presented products at professional seminars about cyber-crime and digital investigations.
- Translation and correction of product data sheets and user manuals.
- Application Systems Paris - www.application-systems.fr
- Coordinated the launch of the sister company of Application Systems Heidelberg (Germany).
- Set-up the distribution channels (retail, online, resellers) for Mac software and games, covering France, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada.
- Translated and published product descriptions for website and printed catalog.
to November 2006
- Translated or edited 2500+ strings, and proof-read a few thousands more, of the French version of Linspire 5, a Debian-based desktop Linux distribution
Extensis (at Apacabar)
to December 2004
- Responsible for executing and adapting Extensis’ sales, marketing and communication strategies for the French market, reporting to the European Business Director in the UK, Marketing Manager and PR Manager in the US.
- Translation or correction of marketing materials (product sheet, brochures, Web pages, user’s guide, retail box…)
- Actively developed sales within the French distributor Apacabar and its professional resellers channel.
- Promoted server-based software solutions for font [Suitcase] and digital asset management [Portfolio], and a web-based (SaaS/PaaS) file checking service [Preflight Online].
- Sales leads generation, pre/post-sales, technical support (1st level to advanced), project management (including on-site installation and training).
- Presented Extensis’ products and technologies at trade-shows, professional conferences and seminars (Apple Expo, Intergraphic, Apple Tour…).
- Involved in software Beta testing program.
- Increased annual sales from €440K in 2000 to €700K in 2004, with an average annual growth of 12%.
- Awarded "Marketing Partner of the Year 2001" by Extensis.
to May 2000
- Actively sold computer products and services to Middle Market and Key Account companies.
- Developed business through cold calls and follow-up visits.
- Project and proposal development with technical analysis, on-site installation, network cabling and maintenance contracts.
MacWarehouse / Inmac (MicroWarehouse)
to August 1999
- Prospected new customers, lead qualification, technical recommendation, price proposal.
- Increased sales with active accounts within the Desktop Publishing, Printing, Advertising and Multimedia industry (Middle Market, Key Account)
- Provided advanced technical support for Mac users
- Attended Apple practical training session on Mac OS X Server, Digital Media and Video Editing.
- Served as a sales partner for the Macromedia Seminars.
Advanced computer skills: thorough working knowledge and strong skills of many computer applications, network set-up, 20+ years on the Mac platform
Understanding and working knowledge of image editing, HTML, web tools and technologies
Managed back-office of CMS and e-commerce solutions
Project Management: Basics [MOOC - École Centrale de Lille - Certification goo.gl/Wp17Oj]
Web development: PHP programming and MySQL database administration - Introductory level [formal training 6-7/2011]
Member of "SEO Camp" association - www.seo-camp.org
French: Fluent, full knowledge (native)
English: Fluent, wide knowledge (as native)
German: Basic knowledge
Translation & localization English to French: software, technical documentation, marketing material
E-commerce - Webmarketing
Product Marketing - Product Management
International business development - Channel development
Consumer and Professional Software - A/V and Connected consumer electronics
280 Group • AIPMM
Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of theoretical and practical Agile Product Management concepts, principles and terminology
Understand the multiple types of Agile development method, including basic and advanced concepts.
École Centrale de Lille
to November 2013
MOOC Massive Open Online Course with certification
Institut Léonard de Vinci - Paris
to June 2010
E-Commerce & Internet Marketing
• Professional thesis: «How to connect niche products with their customers? Case study: Software and games for Mac».
• Team research project and presentation: «How the Internet transformed the Adult Entertainment industry».
• Final project: One-week team competition to develop and write an Internet marketing proposal, based on a real business case, ending with the business presentation of the digital media plan to the client (ING Direct).
Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA
to October 1993
1 year internship, part of the French Bachelor's program [see Experience section, online resume]